Monday, February 14, 2011

The Music Industry is in the Shitter.

After witnessing the atrocity known at the Grammy Awards last night I realized the world is a very scary place. I am extremely afraid of what my future son/daughter will grow up idolizing. It seems that 90% of today's music is auto tuned and lip synced live. Lady Gaga will never be Madonna or Marilyn Manson her songs are uninspiring and she is cashing in on the gay community. She credited Whitney Houston for inspiring her to write her song "Born This Way". Hopefully Whitney Houston put down the crack pipe long enough to have a puzzled look on her face. I would like a pair of those demon horns and shoulder blades though... They would come in handy when I wanted to headbutt and shoulder check hipsters in midtown.

--Getty Images

I was scanning back and forth between the Grammy's and a VH1 Lemmy Documentary. Needless to say Lemmy is a true artist/rockstar. I'm sure Mick Jagger arrived in a fancy limousine and stayed at a 5 star hotel... while Lemmy is probably hanging out in his garage writing his next album. I will give Mick some credit however, he does put on a good show for someone pushing 70.

Could someone explain how "Need You Now" could win best song at these Grammy awards? The single was released August of 2009. Don't get me wrong, I think it is an ok song. But why now?

Why the Hell did I watch the Grammys? FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment